Yes, I've been out and about already at rummage sales this year. I just love them! Last year I posted some tips for rummage sale shopping and I thought it would be appropriate to re-post as we get into a new rummage sale season!
- Check the paper first. Go through and look what is for sale and write down the sales you want to hit. This is a huge timesaver so you don't have to stop at sales that won't have anything you need. If you are only going on Saturday it's best to skip the sales that were on Friday also. Most of the time the best stuff is already picked over.
- Look up the addresses before you go. Just go to Google or Mapquest and search for the location.
- Make a route of which ones you are going to hit first by working your way from one side of town to the other. Make sure you write down times they start so you know which one to go to when.
- Have you things ready to go the night before. This way all you have to do is get up Saturday morning and go.
- Know what you want to look for before you go and know what you are going to spend on it. For example if you are looking for kids clothes know what size and what styles you need.
- In the morning. Get up, shower, and get out the door. You want to be at the sales right when they start! Nobody will care how fancy you look or if you are all dressed up at 6 in the morning.
- Have fun shopping!
I LOVE going to rummage sales because you just can’t buy things cheaper! Some days you won’t find anything that you need but it’s fun to look. Last year I found the carpet shampooer at the very last sale I went to for the day after not finding anything all day. I had my eye on that shampooer Target but it was $80 and I found it in excellent shape at a rummage sale for $20! So don’t get discourged if you don’t find something you want at each house you stop by. Also, don’t be afraid to haggle. Like my husband says, you can at least ask and if they turn you down you haven’t lost anything!
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.9:00 am