I’m not sure if you’ve discovered how amazing Heirloom Seeds are yet but today I’m going to share with you why I love them. An Heirloom Seed is not organic, Heirloom Seeds have been grown generation after generation. They are harvested from carefully cultivated plants to preserve the best flavors. Heirloom Seeds are not genetically modified in any way (like a “Hybrid” seed). Most that use Heirloom Seeds claim they are the most flavorful, the best to grow, and they love that they can harvest their own seeds. (Anything “seedless: would be a genetically modified plant and would not be considered heirloom.)
I’ve been personally growing Heirloom Seeds for years now. I love the varieties. I love that they are tried and true. And I love that they are pure seeds, I’ll take the DNA just how it was supposed to be when it was created!
Heirloom Seeds are also an excellent choice for the frugal gardener. Since you can save the seeds from heirloom plants year after year you save money on future seed purchases. And heirloom seeds actually aren’t all that much more expensive than regular seeds in the first place.
Now for those of you that are preppers, heirlooms seeds are a great item to invest in. As long as you harvest the seeds correctly you can continue to grow your own plants year after year without having to rely on any company to get your seeds from.
Maybe you’ve seen the Seed Banks around recently. Seed Banks are a specially designed container to hold heirloom seeds and preserve them for several years (instead of having to use the seeds the year you purchase them).
LPC Survival sells a great Heirloom Seed Bank for someone that wants to get one without spending much out of pocket. Most of the seed banks I’ve seen run over $50 at the cheapest, so LPC Survivals is a great deal at only $33.33.
The Safe Harvest Seed Bank™ contains the highest quality heirloom vegetable seeds available. The seeds are 100% Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms), open-pollinated, and placed in specially sealed packets which provide for long-term storage.
The Seed Vault Includes:
- Blue Lake Bush Bean-Over 150 seeds
- California Wonder Bell Pepper-Over 70 seeds
- Scarlet Nantes Carrot-Over 800 seeds
- Marketmore Cucumber-Over 150 seeds
- Parris Island Cos Romaine Lettuce-Over 900 seeds
- Golden Acre Cabbage-Over 530 seeds
- Detroit Dark Red Beet-Over 260 seeds
- Lincoln Shell Sweet Pea-Over 100 seeds
- Lucullus Swiss Chard-Over 160 seeds
- Beefsteak Tomato-Over 180 seeds
- Champion Radish-Over 320 seeds
- Green Sprouting Broccoli-Over 500 seeds
- Waltham Butternut Winter Squash-Over 100 seeds
- Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach-Over 260 seeds
- Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion-Over 145 seeds
- Golden Bantam Sweet Corn-Over 250 seeds
- Hales Best Cantaloupe-Over 70 seeds
- Snowball Cauliflower-Over 285 seeds
- Black Beauty Zucchini-Over 50 seeds
- Crimson Sweet Watermelon -Over 60 seeds
This would be a great product to have on your storage shelf!
Thanks to LPC Survival, 3 Little House Living readers will win a Seed Bank! To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below. If you are reading this review via email, make sure to click over to Little House Living to be able to enter.