You’ve seen some of the ad scans already and you are starting to get excited about the deals, but how do you make the most of Black Friday? Save the maximum amount without going over budget and getting things you need? Here’s some tips:
1. Make a list and stick to it. With the hurry and flurry of everyone grabbing everything off the shelves it’s tempting to grab more than what you really came for. Knowing what you are looking for will help you stay focused and as a bonus you will get out of the store sooner than if you linger over something you aren’t sure about.
2. Set a budget before you make your list. No need to go crazy spending money on the day. You don’t need the items and neither does your checkbook. Bring along cash or at least set a firm limit of how much you are able to spend on a debit card. Don’t go over, when it’s gone, go home.
3. Stick with a few stores. If you think you need to make it to every store that’s having a sale you will end up going home tired and crabby. Pick a few (or just one!) stores that have the most deals you want and stick with that.
4. Be kind and patient with fellow shoppers. There are alot of people out and about and driving or walking anywhere can be hazardous. Don’t think you are going to get a parking spot in the front row, be prepared to walk.
5. Be ready for a long wait in the cold. At 3 or 4 or 5 am it’s COLD outside. Wear mittens, hats, scarves, and good warm coat. Handwarmers are very nice to have in your pockets as well.
6. BYOB aka bring your own bag. Chances are that by the time you get into the store, all the carts and baskets will already be gone. Be prepared by bringing your own bags. Reusable bags work great for this! Stuff them in your pockets or in your purse.
7. Remember that it’s all just “stuff”. Go into Black Friday with one thought on your mind. That’s it’s all just stuff and you don’t really need it. If you just remember that one thing you will have a fun day, whether or not you even spend money at all.