I didn’t go to too many sales this morning but I got some great goodies! I picked up all of this for just $15. I got…
- 2 pairs of shorts and 1 skirt for me
- 2 Rachel Ray cookbooks
- 1 Christopher Paloni book
- Justin Morgan Had a Horse (my favorite childhood author, I was thrilled by this find!)
- 2 pairs of little shoes 🙂
- 1 pair of hiking shoes for me
- baby bottle cooler bag
- hooded towel
- carseat toy
- 1 pair of shorts, 5 onesies, 7 outfits, and 2 sleepers for little guy
Not too bad for $15! But here’s the fun part…I always like to make sure my time is well spent. Of course I have fun going to rummage sales but if I drive all the way into town each Saturday and buy one pair of shorts…probably not worth it. So what I did for fun was add up how much everything would have cost me new.
- 2 pairs of shorts and 1 skirt for me – At least $30
- 2 Rachel Ray cookbooks – At least $20
- 1 Christopher Paloni book – $16
- Justin Morgan Had a Horse $6
- 2 pairs of little shoes $16
- 1 pair of hiking shoes for me – $20
- baby bottle cooler bag – $3?
- hooded towel – $5
- carseat toy – $15
- 1 pair of shorts, 5 onesies, 7 outfits, and 2 sleepers for little guy – Around $75
So total new would have been around $206 and I paid $15. Not too bad!!
But let’s have even more fun with it, cause you know, we can. 🙂
- I was shopping for 2 hours to get those deals
- It cost me about 2 gallons of gas – $7
- It cost me $15 for the items
- Final Total: $184 divided by 2 hours = $92 per hour!
Not too bad of an hourly wage….for shopping!
Are you new to shopping at rummage sales? Learn how!
What did you find this morning?