I’ve been out at rummage sales every Saturday for the last 6 weeks so I thought I would share some tips for ya’ll before I(and you) head out tomorrow!
- Check the paper first. Go through and look what is for sale and write down the sales you want to hit. This is a huge timesaver so you don’t have to stop at sales that won’t have anything you need. If you are only going on Saturday it’s best to skip the sales that were on Friday also. Most of the time the best stuff is already picked over.
- Look up the addresses before you go. Just go to Google or Mapquest and search for the location. I usually don’t write down exact addresses because I use my gps but I write down the part of town they are in.
- Make a route of which ones you are going to hit first by working your way from one side of town to the other. Make sure you write down times they start so you know which one to go to when.
- Have you things ready to go the night before. This way all you have to do is get up Saturday morning and go.
- Know what you want to look for before you go and know what you are going to spend on it. For example if you are looking for kids clothes know what size and what styles you need.
- In the morning. Get up, shower, and get out the door. You want to be at the sales right when they start! Nobody cares how pretty you look or if you are all dressed up at 6 in the morning.
- Have fun shopping!
I LOVE going to rummage sales because you just can’t buy things cheaper! Some days you won’t find anything that you need but it’s fun to look. Last week I went and all the rummage sales had only things that I would put on Freecycle until the last one where I found the carpet shampooer I had my eye on at Target for only $20 instead of the $80 it was at Target! So don’t get discourged if you don’t find something you want at each house you stop by. Also, don’t be afraid to haggle. Like my husband says, you can at least ask and if they turn you down you haven’t lost anything!
Do any of my readers have any other tips? Shout them out in the comments section!