I have never really made a pie, and one of my goals for 2013 is to make new foods, so I thought I would give it a try.
One thing that I always hear about making pies, is that the crust is the worst and the hardest part to make. Well, let me tell you something... this cream cheese pie crust recipe is super simple! --- and it tastes delicious! Here's what I did:
**makes 1 crust**
I used it to make a strawberry pie for my love on Valentine's Day. Feel free to double the recipe to add a top crust to your pie.
Cream Cheese Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) butter, cubed
- 4 oz plain cream cheese, cubed
- a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, food processor, or a stand-up mixer (I used my new Kitchen Aid)
- Mix until it all starts to form together
- You may need to add a little more flour to form the dough into a ball
- On a flat surface, roll your dough out into a disk & carefully transfer to a pie dish
- Place in the fridge for a half hour to stiffen the crust
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork to prevent shrikage
- For cream or refrigerator pies (like my strawberry pie), bake pie crust in the oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes, then follow the specific pie instructions
- For other pies, like apple or pumpkin, bake until the crust is just starting to color, then add your filling and continue to bake according the specific pie instructions.
- I followed this How to Bake a Pie Crust link for my baking information.
Do you love cream cheese recipes? Maybe you should make our from-scratch Cream Cheese Danish next!
Do you have any go-to pie recipes? What do you think about this cream cheese pie crust recipe option?
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.9:00 am