This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Want to make that tasty sauce for your burgers or fries that you enjoy at your favorite fast food place? Here’s exactly how to make a copycat In N Out Sauce!
In and Out Secret Sauce Recipe
You already know that our family doesn’t eat out much, so what am I doing posting a recipe for burger sauce from a fast-food joint?
Well, during the past few years, when my husband had to travel often for the business that we owned, he ended up having to eat out many times. After an In N Out Burger opened right across from the hotel they would have to stay at; they could try out these supposed “legendary burgers” that everyone talks about.
I’m not sure if the burger was really the best thing ever, but the sauce was tasty. The best part is that we can replicate that sauce at home!
I’m trying out a new recipe format, quick and to the point. Let’s cut the fluff and get the thing we came here for! If you like this post format, give me a shout-out in the comments section.
In N Out Sauce Recipe
Unlock the secret to the iconic In-N-Out burger experience with this foolproof copycat sauce recipe. Elevate your homemade burgers to legendary status with just a few simple ingredients!
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white onion minced, use fresh or dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill pickle relish minced well
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl or medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients until well blended. The sauce will have a better flavor if you let it sit in the fridge overnight, otherwise you can serve it right away.
If you don't like the pieces of pickle and onion in your sauce, simply run it through the blender or food processor to make it smoother.
To serve on a burger, spread it on the buns before topping your burger, otherwise drizzle it on heavily if you like it a lot!
How to Use the Dipping Sauce
Here are the simplest and most delicious ways to use this sauce at home.
- Use it as a topping for your favorite burger recipe.
- Use it to top meatloaf the last few minutes of baking.
- Dip your homemade french fries or onion rings in the sauce.
- Use it as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or chicken tenders.
- Use it for another relish on top of hot dogs.
- Use as a spread on sandwiches instead of plain mayo.
Leftover In N Out Sauce Copycat
If you have any leftover sauce, store it in an airtight container or a jar in the fridge.
It’s just as good if not better, the next day! You can store this in your fridge for up to a week. I would not recommend this sauce for longer storage in the freezer.
Variations to the Copycat Recipe
- Add more mayo if you think the ketchup flavor is too strong.
- Use sweet pickle relish instead of dill relish if your family likes the taste of sweetness better.
- Add a few drops of Tabasco sauce or hot sauce for a kick.
- Use a vegan mayo instead of regular mayo if you need to avoid eggs.
- If you don’t want to make it at all, use Thousand Island Dressing instead. It’s very similar!
More Homemade Sauces
- Copycat Sweet Onion Sauce Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Sauce Without Pineapple
- Easy Orange Sauce Recipe
- The Tastiest Gluten Free Stir Fry Sauce (Easy & Frugal)
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
Made this recipe and loved it? Be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card above, and don’t forget to share with your friends on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter (X), and through Email using the sharing buttons below.
Have you made this sauce before? Does your family like it?