Anything that can save me time from day-to-day becomes a complete lifesaver! I really enjoy crockpot cooking, overnight meals, etc, they make the next day seem to go a little smoother. One less to stress about. Plus, when the pregnancy fatigue sets in, knowing I don’t really have to “cook” makes me feel a lot better! Now, making my early mornings easier? That can sometimes be a challenge with two picky toddlers.
French Toast Casserole to the rescue! This is my go-to meal, when I need something easy for the morning. Prenatal appointments, grocery shopping, family outings- this is a great way to get a homemade meal in without slaving in the kitchen or getting it really messy. One pan, that’s it! It really takes no time at all.
Make Ahead Casserole – French Toast
- Half Loaf of Bread (I prefer using French bread, but all I had was just your average joe bread)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk (I use almond, vanilla almond would be amazing)
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 chopped walnuts (this is optional. I love them, my my hubby is not a fan, so it’s not in mine)
1. Coat a 9×13 pan with butter
2. Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar together.
3. Spread bread into pan
4. Pour liquid over bread, making sure to get in between the slices too.
5. Top with nuts.
6. Wrap with cling-wrap and place in fridge overnight.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place dish in oven uncovered, cook for 45 mins-hour until liquid is cooked through.
3. Cut, top with syrup and powdered sugar!
This is great for Christmas morning too (we’ve done it plenty of times)! My children and the hubs love this, and I love making it since it takes absolutely no time at all. This is a new mommy’s dream meal too! There is also a ton of ways to dress this up- fresh fruit, preserves, pumpkin, etc.
Find even more Make Ahead Recipes!
How will you fix up your French Toast Casserole? What is your favorite make ahead casserole?