10 Ways to Save Money
Ever get into a money-saving rut? You’ve been frugal for a while now, you’ve cut down your bills, and are in good saving habits. But it’s time to mix things up! There are 10 ways to save money below, to help you get inspired! Every so often, it’s good to examine our savings routine and make adjustments.
Some of these 10 Ways to Save Money are things you may already be doing, and some might be things you can add to your frugal repertoire:
1. Call your Cable/Dish provider. Ask for a long-term subscriber discount.
2. Use the Library more — not just books. DVDs, CDs, Learning Kits, and magazines are all available at the library. Most libraries also have community activities for all ages, which can take the place of costly activities, especially for preschoolers.
3. Don’t buy another plastic water bottle! Get one reusable water bottle and fill it up before you leave.
4. Eat from the Pantry. Do a 1-week pantry challenge. It’ll be easier than a month-long pantry challenge, but you’ll still be able to save at least $50-$100.
5. Unplug appliances when you’re not home. The TV, air purifier, even the toaster are sucking small bits of energy and money every second they’re plugged in.
6. Instead of dumping the water from your dehumidifier, use it to water plants.
7. Take advantage of Kids Eat Free nights. We can take the whole family out for dinner for $15 by combining a Groupon (for the adult entrees) with Kids Eat Free night. Save on beverages by ordering tap water and share a dessert.
8. Don’t buy prepared anything. Recipe calls for taco seasoning? Ditch the packet and make your own. Need pumpkin pie spice? Don’t buy it, just throw together some cinnamon and nutmeg.
9. Cut out one daily habit. Drinking soda? It’s not good for you anyways. Buy a bag of chocolate every week? Starbucks once a week? Pick one small thing to cut out and just do that. It will start adding up!
10. Save water by taking what’s called a “Navy Shower” – soap up with the water off, then turn on the water to rinse. This is probably more likely to happen in the warm months than when it’s freezing.
Looking for more ways you could be saving money?
What are your best frugal money tips? Have you tried any of the above 10 Ways to Save Money?