This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Do you ever walk down the baking aisle in the grocery store and get tempted by those packages of cookie mix? You know, the ones that promise to put home-baked cookies on your plate in less than 30 minutes?
I’ll admit, sometimes I’m tempted by these mixes, even though I make homemade cookies all the time.
Here’s the thing, though — there are a ton of preservatives and other unnecessary ingredients in those packages. Icky stuff like corn syrup, artificial colors, and artificial flavros. Yuck. Stuff that is definitely NOT in my own homemade cookies.
And those mixes are really not the huge time-saver that they seem to be. It’s honestly just as easy and quick to whip up a batch of creamy peanut butter cookies from scratch using basic pantry ingredients.
This easy peanut butter cookie recipe is basically as easy as a pre-made mix — but they taste homemade and delicious, with no offensive ingredients!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (but not melted!)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Combine sugars, butter, peanut butter, and the egg in a stand mixer and beat until combined.
2. Add in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until the whole mixture is combined.
3. Refrigerate, covered for at least an hour.
4. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet in a 375 oven for 8-10 minutes. If you want to be fancy, you can shape the uncooked dough into 1″ round balls and make the traditional criss cross shape with a fork before baking. Makes 1 dozen.
Serve with a big, cold glass of milk, or make it a more substantial snack by pairing these Peanut Butter Cookies with a Strawberry Smoothie.
Or want to go a step further? Learn How to Make Your Own Peanut Butter first!
Do you like peanut butter cookies?