Who loves peanut butter?
I sure do! I love peanut butter. A lot. When I first married my husband, he was very grossed out by peanut butter. The taste, the texture, how it felt in his mouth. But of course, it grew on him since I made and bought a variety of foods with peanut butter in them.
The other day I made a peanut butter pie. So easy. No baking involved (unless you make your own pie crust, like I did). Even though it is called peanut butter pie, I think it more like a peanut butter cheesecake. Mmmmmm. So yummy! Here’s how to make peanut butter pie:
Peanut Butter Pie
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (See How to Make Peanut Butter)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
- graham cracker pie crust
- Peanut butter cup pieces (optional)
- Beat together sugar & cream cheese.
- Mix in the milk & peanut butter.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Scoop into pie crust.
- Sprinkle Reese’s crumbs on top.
- Cover & freeze.
- Take out a few minutes before serving.
- And that’s how to make peanut butter pie!
I have seen this pie made a variety of ways. Some make it fluffier and don’t freeze it. Others use an Oreo pie crust. Or top the pie with whipped topping. Maybe one day I will try other methods. But I like this pie just the way it is.