Quick Pull-Apart Rolls Recipe
Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 24 rolls
What You Need:
- 2 C plus 4Tbsp warm water
- 2/3 C oil
- 4 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2C sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 C all purpose flour
- 3 C wheat flour
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine water, oil, yeast &sugar. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the salt, egg and flour.
- Knead until well incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)
- Form dough into 72 small balls and then, in greased muffin tins, squeeze 3 balls into each muffin space
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
- Butter, eat, & enjoy!
Placing the three small balls in the each muffin tin allows for the rolls to “pull-apart.” My mom taught me this technique when I was younger. I wrote a post about them here. If you so choose, form the dough into 24 medium-size balls and place them on a greased baking tray. Bake as directed.
What is your favorite bread recipe? Are there any that I should try to replicate in my kitchen?
Linked to Foodie Friends Friday
Erin is a nurse, wife, blogger, adventurer, crafter, reader, chef, and friend who tries to live simply and frugally.
Find all of Erin’s posts on Little House Living.