7 Layer Taco Dip
Do you want to be a rock star at the next party you are invited to? You can be, in three easy steps:
1. Make 7 Layer Taco Dip.
2. Bring it to the party.
3. Sit back and listen to people rave about it.
It's that good, folks. The only thing is, you may want to double the recipe.
The genius part of this whole endeavor is that 7 layer taco dip is extremely easy to make and only takes about 15 minutes hands on!
7 Layer Taco Dip
What You Need:
- 1 can chili (I used Amy's Organic, feel free to use homemade chili, about 1 1/2 cups, you could also use Easy Refried Beans)
- 1 8-oz bar cream cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced finely
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce (any kind is fine, I used romaine because that's what I had on hand)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese - any kind works, but cheddar or colby jack are probably your best bets
- 1/4 cup olives, diced
In a medium glass bowl, add the cream cheese and the chili. Heat in the microwave about 1 minute until you are able to mix it easily. Using a spoon, mix the cream cheese and chili together thoroughly.
Add cream cheese/chili mixture to the bottom of an 8x8" glass pan. Smooth it out so it is somewhat level.
Add the layer of shredded lettuce.
Add the layer of diced tomatoes.
Smooth the sour cream over the tomatoes. I use a bent icing knife to do this.
Sprinkle the cheese over the top and dot it with the diced olives.
If you can't wait, by all means, dig in right away, I promise it will be delicious.
But if you can wait for 10 minutes, stick it in the oven at 350 and get that cheese all melty and delightful.
Have you ever made 7 Layer Taco Dip before? Is your recipe the same as mine?
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.