Cream Cheese Spinach Dip Recipe
The other day my family had a BBQ to celebrate memorial day. I wanted to bring a dish I had never made before, so I made spinach dip made with cream cheese.
The great things about this dip is that it contains spinach! Spinach is an excellent source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that’s been shown to reduce the risk of developing cataracts. It also fights heart disease and cancer.
Spinach also possesses several important phytochemicals, including lutein, which helps prevent age-related macular degeneration. Spinach also contains lipoic acid, which helps antioxidant vitamins C and E regenerate. it’s possible that it also helps regulate blood sugar levels.
And if that’s not enough, Spinach also is abundant in potassium which helps promote heart health and keeps muscles from cramping. When you cook spinach it gives it a boost of fiber as well. Are you ready to make this recipe yet?
Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
What You Need:
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 TBSP butter
- 3oz cream cheese (slightly softened)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- salt & pepper & your favorite seasonings
- Sauté spinach and garlic in butter until the spinach leaves wilt
- Transfer to a colander
- Press firmly until all the water runs out . (this might take about 10 minutes, but worth it! — unless you want your dish to be soggy)
- Spoon into a 10 oz baking dish
- Mix in the cream cheese
- Season well
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Served with crackers, corn chips, pita chips, or toast
- & Enjoy!
Do you make Cream Cheese Spinach Dip? What is your favorite warm dip to make?