3 Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe – Frugal Pizza for the Family
Looking for an incredibly simple and frugal recipe to make some homemade pizza? This 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough will get the job done quickly and efficiently!
3 Ingredient Pizza Dough
It’s game time for Sunday night football; everyone is hungry… and all the easy food is GONE! In 20 minutes you can whip up a crunchy, flavor-filled food that not only fills tummies but satiates the need for savory snacks. We’ve been working on a very limited budget but thankfully we don’t have to limit game night food.
This 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough recipe is very frugal and perfect for a super quick supper or if you want to make the family pizza. It costs less than $1 of simple ingredients to make this recipe that will make 2 pizza crusts. The reason this recipe is so frugal compared to other similar recipes is that it does not contain more expensive ingredients such as yeast, baking powder, plain greek yogurt, or other add-ins.
You also don’t need any special equipment or pan to make this homemade pizza dough in (no pizza pans, pizza stones, baking sheet, etc), all you need is your trusty cast iron skillet to do all of the work for you.
Now let’s get ready and get that easy pizza dough recipe for your next pizza night!
Ingredients in 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- Flour. All purpose flour is all you need here. If you feel like your dough is a little flat, you could use self-rising flour. You could also use bread flour or whole wheat flour if that is what you have.
- Salt. This will help to give the crust a little flavor. Salt can be purchased in bulk.
Favorite Topping Ideas for the Frugal Pizza
- If money is especially tight and you lack ingredients, brush the crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and add some cheese and/or meat if you have it.
- It could become a sweet snack too, by simply brushing with coconut oil or butter and sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar.
- Make it a “white” pizza by topping with Homemade Mayo and cheese with some dried herbs.
- Use up whatever leftover odds and ends you have in the fridge for toppings. You never know, they might just become your new favorite pizza toppings!
- Get creative…used foraged mushrooms, leftover breakfast sausage, leftover ham, and few pieces of pineapple, the last morsels of a chopped bell pepper…anything you can find you can probably utilize on a pizza.
Instructions for Making 3 Ingredient Dough Recipe
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Add ingredients to a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 2-3 minutes with a dough hook. The dough will be sticky but should hold its form as a dough ball. If you do not have a stand mixer you can mix the ingredients together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir until everything is well blended.
Let the dough rest for 5 minutes. There is no need to let the dough rise since this is a yeast-free dough, but letting it rest will make it easier to roll out. Split the dough in half and then roll it out with a rolling pin on a surface sprayed with cooking spray. Use a little extra flour if it’s too hard to roll out.
Place in a hot skillet. I used a cast iron skillet for this recipe. Bake for 3-5 minutes.
Remove it out of the oven, add pizza sauce and toppings and bake for 5-10 minutes.
It should make 2 – 10” pizzas. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
It’s amazing how crispy and tasty all of these ingredients are together! Get as creative as your heart desires. Enjoy!
3 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add ingredients to a bowl and mix for 2-3 minutes with a dough hook. The dough will be sticky but should hold its form.
Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
Split the dough in half and then roll it out on a surface sprayed with cooking spray. Place in a hot skillet. I used a cast iron skillet for this recipe. Bake for 3-5 minutes.
Remove it out of the oven, add toppings and bake for 5-10 minutes. It should make 2 – 10” pizzas.
If money is especially tight and you are lacking ingredients, brush the crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and add some cheese and/or meat if you have it. It’s amazing how crispy and tasty all of these ingredients are together! It could become a sweet snack too, by simply brushing with coconut oil or butter and sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar. Get as creative as your heart desires. Enjoy!
Little House Living’s Tips and Tricks to Making Frugal Pizza Dough
- Make the dough, bake it into a crust ahead of time (without any toppings), and put it in the freezer to use later. When you are ready to make a pizza, pull out one of the frozen crusts, add your toppings, and bake at 350 until the cheese has melted.
- You could make this dough earlier in the day to have it ready for supper. Mix up the dough, then set it aside in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap until you are ready to use it.
- Try finding pepperoni in bulk if it’s a favorite pizza topping at your home. You can freeze it until you need to use it so it’s good for a long time.
Gluten-Free 3-Ingredient Pizza Dough
You can use gluten-free all-purpose flour instead of the regular flour in this recipe. I would also recommend adding a room-temperature egg to the batter of the gluten-free version to help it bind together better.
More Pizza Recipes
- Ridiculously Easy Sourdough Pizza Crust
- From Scratch Fruit Pizza Dessert Recipe
- The Perfect Pizza Crust From Scratch
- Make Ahead and Freeze Pizza Dough
- Pizza Roll Ups Recipe
- The 30 Minute Pizza Recipe
- Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
What do you like to top your pizza with?
Did you make this recipe and enjoy it? Please leave a star rating on the recipe! You can also share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and through Email by using the sharing buttons below.
About the Author: Lacey enjoys raising, producing, and creating food for her family. Due to budget over the years, she has learned how to produce delicious and nourishing foods from frugal ingredients. Creating delicious meals for her family brings her joy and she hopes to inspire others along the way.
This recipe for 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough was originally posted on Little House Living in February 2023.