So really, we’ve been living simply and homestead living for a long time now and you know, it’s just so complicated! There isn’t anything simple about it and it seem like more work than it’s worth. Here are some great reasons to not live simply.
1. You aren’t “connected” as much. I mean, no tv? Who are we kidding? How will we find out what happened to those celebs in LA?! We need to watch the news every second so we stay in the loop. Because if we aren’t in the loop where would we be? Enjoying a glass of tea on the back porch watching the sunset?
2. It’s just too much work! Baking from scratch? Whatever happened to picking up those nice greasy pizzas at the local take out joint? If you bake that from scratch you are going to have to make the dough yourself, maybe even make the sauce yourself, AND cut all those vegetables up yourself for the topping! And what’s up with “real food”? I’m pretty sure that Hamburger Helper I served for supper last night was real…it came right out of a real box!
3. Raising animals? Sounds stinky. Cleaning out the pens, buying all that feed, collecting your own eggs. What’s wrong with paying $0.99 for those white eggs from the store? Besides, the “farm fresh” look funny when you crack them open, they are so orange! And seriously, why would you want to cut up a chicken on your own? Do people not know they make packages with drumsticks, thighs, ect?
4. What’s wrong with all the mainstream goodies? Don’t all little girls need one of these awesome Zombie dolls? And what if your little boy doesn’t have every Hot Wheels car ever made? He’s going to resent you for that when he grows up because I’m sure he’d rather have those than to play outside. And we can’t overlook video games. How else are we going to keep kids quiet and busy during the day?
5. And seriously, who needs to be organized? If you are a hoarder you might even get on tv! To be organized you would have to clean all the time and I don’t know about you but when I clean I forget where everything is anyways. I know that my remote is always sitting on top that stack of papers!
And just for a bonus…
6. Why would anyone want to be debt free? Why would life be worth living if you can’t indulge in the fanciest cars and if you don’t have the biggest house on the block? Plus I’m pretty sure to be debt free you have to come up with a budget and do super boring things like balance a checkbook and pay on your credit card instead of picking up Chinese food. Where is the fun in that?
Just kidding! 😉