Very few people don’t love cheesecake. For your next picnic or event where you need to bring a dish, impress with this delicious double chocolate cheesecake! It has twice the chocolate with chocolate filling and chocolate crust.
I always think, before I make a cheesecake, that it is going to be so hard to make, but it’s really not! This recipe only took about 30 minutes of hands-on time to get done.
This recipe involves two steps: first, make the crust, then make the filling.
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 package of Chocolate Cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed into crumbs. I used Newman’s Os, found in the organic section of my grocery store.
- 1 stick of butter, melted
1. Melt the stick of butter in the microwave in a large glass bowl.
2. Add the crushed cookie crumbs to the melted butter and mix together. I crush my cookies by putting them in a ziploc bag and smashing them with a meat tenderizer. You could also use a food processor.
3. Press the cookie/butter mixture into the bottom of your pan (I used a 9″ round pie pan). Press the mixture up the sides if you can as well.
4. Place the whole pan, covered, in the freezer for at least an hour so the crust hardens before you put the filling in.
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 8-oz bars of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz chocolate chips, melted on the stove
1. Using a high powered mixer (like a stand mixer), combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Cream these ingredients together using the whisk attachment.
2. Add the beaten eggs and sour cream and mix for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the melted chocolate chips and mix in until the filling is uniform consistency.
Finally, take the crust out of the freezer and carefully dollop the filling in. Make sure there is some crust peeking over the sides.
Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.