This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Looking for a cute way to store your seeds that you saved for next summer? Here’s a printable that you need to have! This free seed packet is easy to put together and customize for whatever you need to save.
Free Seed Packet Printable
Are you trying to save some of your garden seeds this year to use for next year? Perhaps you had something that did really well and you want to make sure that you have those same seeds to plant in the coming gardening season. If so, I have a fun freebie for you today!
I’ve previously shared in this blog post on How to Save Seeds how you can save your garden seeds and keep them until next year. But if you want to store them in a seed packet just like you’d get at the store, you will need this printable free seed packet!
This seed packet is easy to customize to whatever seed you are storing. Just write the variety on the packet so you know what you put in there! Not sure of the variety? Perhaps next year you might want to look into getting a Gardening and Preserving Journal to keep track of all your gardening adventures.
Please note, you will still need to save these seed packets in an airtight container. In past years, I’ve put mine into a wide mouth mason jar, but now I use a Pelican Case (without the foam) to store all of my seeds and keep them good until the following year. Whatever you use, make sure that it’s waterproof and has as tight of a seal as possible to keep your seeds from going bad during the winter.
Below you will find some additional seed storage tips from UMN.
Tips for Storing Seeds
- Store the seeds in any kind of airtight container.
- Store seeds in a cool dry place. A fridge is an ideal place.
- Try and use the seeds within a year of storage for the best germination.
- Add a small amount of silica gel to your storage container to help absorb moisture.
- Always save seeds from heirloom and open-pollinated plants so that they will perform correctly.
This seed packet is made to be printed in black and white so you can save money on printer ink. I print it with regular paper because it’s easier to fold, but if you really wanted to use cardstock, you can.
To get your free seed packet, just put your email in the form below and I will send the printable to your inbox.
Looking for more ways to make your gardening skills better and your life simpler? Here are some articles to check out!
- Simple DIY Garden Projects
- Introducing Little Ones to Gardening
- 10 Practical Tips for First Time Gardeners That You Need to Know
- 5 Ways to Save Money Gardening
- 14 Simple Gardening Tips for Any Size Garden
- Starting Garden Plants From Seed; Growing Your Own Plant Starts
Are you going to use this printable seed packet this year? What seeds are you saving to use in it?