This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Chill out your gift-giving with a cozy Brrr Basket! Learn how to bundle up winter-warming essentials like hot cocoa, fuzzy socks, and relaxing tea for the perfect cold-weather care package.
What is a Brrr Basket?
In case you are in the dark like me on this trend (until now!), a Brrr Basket (or you might find them under Burr Basket) is simply a gift basket put together with cozy winter weather gear, self-care items, and activities. These baskets make the perfect gift for Christmas or the holiday season if you just aren’t sure what to get someone and if you live in a colder climate.
The Brrr Basket idea is currently trending on TikTok, but I found the idea on Pinterest (since I don’t use TikTok!). Ever since I found the idea, I thought it would be a great way to put together some cute gifts! Many of these would work any time of year, not just for Christmas!
Brrr Basket Guide
Are you looking for specific guides on how to put together a themed Brrr Basket? Here are some themes that we put together that you can use as a guide while you do your shopping.
Winter Wonderland Brrr Basket
This Brrr Basket would be perfect for those living in the snow (or those who wish they had snow!). Think of everything white and snowy to put into this gift basket. Here are some ideas:
- White Chocolate Body Butter
- Homemade Egg Nog (or store-bought)
- Hot Chocolate Mix with marshmallows
- Sugar Cookies or a Sugar Cookie Mix with white sprinkles
- Anything snowman related
- Homemade Muddy Buddies (or Puppy Chow…whatever you call it!)
- White Hat, Scarf, and Mittens
- White or Silver Jewelry
- Vanilla Candles or any kind of white candles (you could use frosty Beeswax Candles too)
- Snowflake Cards that they can use for anything
- Snowflake Ornaments
- Snowflake Lights
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Tiny birdseed ornaments to hang on trees outdoors
- Cozy slipper socks with snowflake prints
- A box of snowball shaped truffles or snow-topped cupcake mix
- Snowflake shaped cookie cutters
Red Brrr Basket
- Red Slippers
- Red Hat, Scarf, and Mittens
- Sugar Cookie Kit with Red Frosting and Sprinkles
- Red Colored Candles (Like Cinnamon Candles)
- Salsa and Chips
- Red Velvet Cake in a Jar (make the cake listed and layer in jars)
- Homemade Hot Sauce or store-bought hot sauce
- Bottle of red wine or red wine vinegar
- Cinnamon Candy
- Red frosted or decorated Christmas cookies
- Poinsettia plant with red flowers
- Small red Christmas tree ornament
- Red plaid oven mitt or dishtowel
- Cranberry chutney or relish
- Cherry jam or preserves
- Red glass candy dish filled with Hershey’s Kisses or other chocolate candy
- Red grapefruit, pomegranate, or apples for a red fruit theme
Gingerbread Brrr Basket
- A gingerbread house making kit (you could make a homemade gingerbread house kit too!)
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Gingerbread Men Cookie Cutters
- A ginger or gingerbread scented candle
- Gingerbread Tea, coffee, or another warm drink
- Candy Canes (here are a dye free candy canes)
- Cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and other gingerbread spices
- Gingerbread-scented items like candles or soaps
- Sparkly gingerbread man-shaped ornaments
- Gingerbread books, movies, or plush toys
- Gingerbread patterned mugs, kitchen towels, slippers or blankets
Cozy Day Brrr Basket
- Fluffy plush blanket or throw in a neutral tone
- Scented wax melt cubes or candles in vanilla, cookie dough or pumpkin spice
- Cozy fuzzy slipper socks or bootie slippers
- Hot cocoa or apple cider mix + marshmallows
- Gourmet tea bags and an infuser mug
- Novel, magazine, or adult coloring book
- Honey sticks to stir in tea
- Candle with a warming scent like mahogany or sandalwood
- Baked goods like mini muffins, banana bread, or lemon poppyseed loaf
- Bath bomb or shower steamer for a relaxing soak
- Stress-relieving items like a mini zen garden
- Luxe hand cream and facial sheet mask
- Hot chocolate bombs
- Tea light candles and matches/lighter
- A comfy t-shirt, slippers or lounge pants for staying in
- Trail mix, nuts, or snack bars
- Truffles in special flavors (or you could make these 2 Ingredient Truffles or Cake Truffles)
How to Make a Brrr Basket For Your Significant Other
There are a few ways that you can custom tailor your Brrr Basket for your significant other and make it a little more special than if you are just gifting one to a friend. Here are some additions!
- A sentimental card
- Their favorite treat or sweet indulgences like fancy chocolate or artisan caramels
- A cozy item like warm socks, a soft scarf, or a blanket for relaxing
- A scented candle in their very favorite scent
- A gift card to a restaurant you enjoy for a date night
- Ticket stubs, pictures, or another small memento from a special memory
- Men’s specialty toiletry items like shave cream, aftershave or cologne
- A popcorn tin, nuts, or other snacks to munch while watching a movie together
- A personalized coffee mug
- A love note recalling a special moment from when you met or another significant time in your relationship
How to Package Your Brrr Basket
Since the idea is that these baskets promote a cozy, warm feeling, your basket should also reflect this! Here are some ideas on how to accomplish that task.
- Line your basket with a soft blanket or fleece blanket.
- Wrap your basket with a ribbon that reflects the theme (ie: brown for gingerbread, white for winter wonderland, etc).
- Wrap the basket with tissue paper or cellophane that matches your theme.
- Tie on little accent pieces like mini faux fur pom poms, tiny pinecones, and cinnamon sticks.
- Use natural raffia or jute ribbon to make mini bows and trim the handle.
- Tuck in battery-operated fairy lights or string lights to make it glow.
- Use natural elements like birch logs or smooth stones to hold items in place.
- Bundle stir sticks for cocoa with a sprig of evergreen and raffia bow.
- Print out a typographic design with the word “Cozy” on cardstock and place in the basket.
- Cut snowflake shapes out of metallic craft foam to attach as mini danglers.
- Accent with greenery like noble fir clippings, mini pinecones, and cedar sprigs.
- Attach a mini chalkboard tag with a handwritten message.
I hope this gives you plenty of brr basket gift ideas that you can use this year. Enjoy this fun and cute trend!
Have you ever heard of a Brrr Basket or a Burr Basket? Have you made one?
Merissa has been blogging about and living the simple and frugal life on Little House Living since 2009 and has internationally published 2 books on the topic. You can read about Merissa’s journey from penniless to freedom on the About Page. You can send her a message any time from the Contact Page.
This blog post with Brrr Basket Gift Ideas was originally posted on Little House Living in December 2023.