How to Make Honey Butter
When you generally eat simplistically, it’s fun to have some different butters and spreads to “dress up” a meal. Honey Butter is something I’d actually never heard of until I married my hubby, my family preferred eating mostly jams for toppings so when he told me that I needed to make him some Honey Butter after we were married I didn’t know what he was talking about!
Honey Butter is such a simple way to dress up breads and a meal. It’s so good on biscuits and bagels! This recipe for Honey Butter makes a small batch so if you plan to use it to feed a larger family you will want to double it. To store, I simply place it in a small container after whipping and store it in the fridge.
This recipe is so easy to make! Just 5 minutes and you have a fun little topping for your favorite breads. Make sure your butter is softened, no melted, before making. It will help the mixture whip much better. I like to leave my stick of butter out on the counter for a while before making this recipe so it’s the perfect consistency.
Whipped Honey Butter
This delicious butter is the perfect topping for biscuits, bagels, or other delicious treats!
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup (one stick) softened Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- Use butter at room temperature or slightly soften the butter before whipping.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and whip with electric hand mixers (or for a non-electric alternative you can use Rotary Beaters) until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Store in the fridge, but place at room temperature to soften before eating.
This recipe would be great on Homemade Bagels or on this Baking Powder Biscuit Recipe. My hubby just loves to eat it on Homemade Bread for a special little snack! You can also add cinnamon to give it a slightly different flavor.
Have you ever made Honey Butter? What is your favorite bread to top with it?