Here are over 50 amazing bread recipes from scratch- quick breads, sweet breads, yeast breads, cornbreads, biscuits, tortillas, rolls, gluten-free and more!
Bread Recipes From Scratch
It’s the perfect time of year to make some delicious homemade bread recipes from scratch to fill your meals (and your freezer for later!). We’ve compiled a huge list of more than 50 amazing bread recipes from scratch for you to find some new favorites. You will find all different types of bread recipes on this list…everything from quick and yeast breads to biscuits and cornbreads. I’m sure you’ll be able to find something yummy to make!
I love quick breads because they’re so easy to make! These breads don’t require any yeast or rising, just mix them up and toss them in the oven.
1. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2. Buttery Caramel Apple Almond Bread
3. Sugar/Oil Free Banana Bread
4. No Knead Peasant Bread
5. Easy Pumpkin Bread
6. 4 Ingredient Irish Soda Bread
7. Homemade Zucchini Bread Recipe
—Looking for more? Here are 18 Absolutely Delightful Quick Sweet Bread Recipes
These sweet breads are easy to make are delicious to enjoy as breakfast, snack or dessert!
8. Strawberry Bread
9. Cream Cheese Chocolate Bread
10. Tart Lemon Bread
11. Brown Butter Strawberry Banana Bread
12. Blueberry Ice Cream Bread
13. Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bread
14. Cranberry Orange Mini Bread Loaves
15. Monkey Bread From Scratch Recipe
These yeast breads may take a little more time than a quick bread, but they are worth it!
Gluten Free Breads
Just because you’re gluten free doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the delicious breads!
22. Gluten Free Bacon-Herb Focaccia Bread
23. Gluten Free Bread
24. Gluten Free Bread
25. Gluten Free / Low Carb Flax Bread
26. Gluten Free Banana Bread
27. Gluten Free Homemade Tortillas
28. Almond Flour Bread and Pizza Dough
Looking for more Gluten Free baking recipes? Check out my eBook Frugal Gluten Free
If you are looking for a bread that’s a little more nutritious, check out these yummy breads made with whole wheat flour.
Bread and cheese, is there a more perfect combination?
—Looking for a delicious cheese spread to enjoy on any bread? Check out this Creamy Cheese Pimento Spread
Cornbread is the perfect side item for soups, chilis, and a good old fashioned garden veggie dinner plate.
—Dinner during the winter is so easy with one of these Quick Throw-Together Slow Cooker Meals and a side of cornbread!
Rolls, Biscuits, Crescents, and Buns, oh my. The perfect addition to any meal.
Even More Bread Recipes
Here are some more bread recipes for you to enjoy!
53. Homemade English Muffin Bread Recipe
54. Paska Bread
55. Amish White Bread Mini Loaves
56. French Bread
57. Lefse Bread
58. Homemade Easy Bread
59. Scallion Chive Bread with Garlic and Rosemary
60. Rustic Rosemary Garlic Bread
61. Homemade Bread Machine Bagels
62. Make Ahead and Freeze Pizza Dough
63. How to Make Your Own Homemade Tortillas
64. Irish Soda Bread
I love the way my house smells when I’m baking bread and I usually try and double whatever I’ve decided to make and put the second batch in the freezer (after baking) so I can get more done at one time. It saves me time and effort in the long run and it’s so nice to pull out a fresh, from scratch loaf of bread whenever it’s needed!
Which one of these bread recipes from scratch will you make first?
This post on Bread Recipes from Scratch was originally published on Little House Living in October 2016. It has been updated as of October 2019.