This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Want a little cookie dough snack that you can enjoy without worrying about eggs? This simple cookie dough recipe without eggs isn’t for baking…it’s for snacking!
Cookie Dough Recipe Without Eggs
This is seriously the most perfect little indulgence. I love cookie dough more than the actual cookie! With this recipe, I can make cookie dough and not have to worry about any raw eggs or whatever else they tell us to be afraid of. Plus, I don’t have to turn on my oven so as soon as I’m done mixing it up I can eat.
This easy recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes and it’s a great way to enjoy a little bit of cookie dough without worrying about what might be lurking in the ones from the store. Even though it’s not “healthy” it’s still made with all real food ingredients so you will know exactly what’s in it.
This recipe does not contain any rising agents like baking powder or baking soda, so if you are looking for a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, I recommend this recipe for Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies.
**NOTE: Now that recipes like this have come out, the FDA states that it’s raw flour that should not be consumed. If this is an issue for you, please don’t make this recipe or only come to this recipe to leave rude comments. As with any and every blog post here, it’s up to you to decide what’s right for you. I am not liable, and neither is the FDA.
Ingredients in No Bake Cookie Dough
- Butter. This recipe uses a lot of butter to make it soft and also to give it a rich taste. Either salted or unsalted butter will work. Leave out the salt if you use salted.
- Sugar. I’ve made this recipe with only white sugar (granulated sugar) and also a mix of half cane sugar and half brown sugar. Both ways will work fine!
- Flour. I’ve tested this recipe with regular all purpose flour, however, all purpose gluten free flour should work as well.
- Salt. I use pink salt that I buy in bulk in all of my recipes because that’s what I have on hand, however, any salt will do.
- Vanilla. I use Homemade Vanilla Extract in this recipe but you can use store bought as well.
- Chocolate Chips. If you can find them, mini chocolate chips work best in this recipe but any size will do.
What to Make with Raw Cookie Dough
Of course, you can just eat this raw cookie dough for a snack, but you can also do some other things with it! Here are some ideas:
- Form little balls with it and add it to ice cream. Make your own homemade cookie dough ice cream with your favorite ice cream recipe mixed with this recipe!
- Make some cookie dough balls into Cookie Dough Truffles for a truly decadent treat.
- Sandwich it between two cookies for a cookie dough sandwich dessert.
Variations to the Edible Cookie Dough
- Add peanut butter chips instead of regular chocolate chips for a peanut butter chip cookie flavor.
- Leave out the chocolate chips completely for more of a sugar cookie style.
- Add cocoa powder to the dough in place of some of the flour for a double chocolate version.
Instructions for Making Eggless Cookie Dough
In a medium bowl, melt the butter and mix together with the sugar, salt and vanilla.
Add in the flour. The mixture will be dry so add in the water a tablespoon at a time so it becomes the right consistency. We’ve noticed that it tends to dry out a little in the fridge so you might want to make it a little more moist than you might normally care to have it, then it will be perfect the next day (if there is any left!).
Fold in the chocolate chips last. I prefer to add only about 1/2 c. so it’s a little less chocolate chippy. 🙂
If you have any extras that you won’t be able to enjoy within a week, stick it in a bag or airtight container in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy.
Need to print this recipe for No Bake Cookie Dough for your Recipe Binder? Grab it below!
No Need to Bake Cookie Dough
- 1 stick butter 8 Tablespoons or 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3-4 tablespoons water
Melt the butter and mix together with the sugar, salt and vanilla. (I used ground up turbinado sugar in mine and it turns out perfectly!)
Add in the flour. The mixture will be dry so add in the water a tablespoon at a time so it becomes the right consistancy. We've noticed that it tends to dry out a little in the fridge so you might want to make it a little more moist than you might normally care to have it, then it will be perfect the next day (if there is any left!).
Mix in the chocolate chips last. You prefer to add only about 1/2 c. so it's a little less chocolate chippy. 🙂
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Recipe Without Eggs
To make this recipe gluten-free, replace the flour with all purpose gluten free flour.
Dairy Free Cookie Dough Recipe Without Eggs
To make this recipe dairy-free, replace the butter with a vegan buttery spread. Make sure that the chocolate chips that you use are dairy free as well.
More Cookie Recipes
- Oatmeal Cookie Bars Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal Cookie Mix Recipe
- Gluten Free Sour Cream Cookies; Lemon
- Homemade Milano Cookies Recipe
- Easy Frugal Cookie Treats
- Slice and Bake Sugar Cookie
Did you make this recipe and enjoy it? Be sure and leave a star review rating! Also, be sure and share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and through Email by using the sharing buttons below.
Merissa has been blogging about and living the simple life since 2009 and has internationally published 2 books on the topic. You can read about Merissa’s journey from penniless to the 100-acre farm and ministry on the About Page. You can send her a message any time from the Contact Page.
This Cookie Dough Recipe without eggs was originally published on Little House Living in February 2012. It has been updated as of January 2023.