Are you looking for a good way to use up some leftover turkey? This post has a delicious recipe for Turkey Quesadillas and also shares many other ideas for leftover turkey that you can use after “Turkey Day” or any time you roast a large turkey.
Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
It happens every year. We love making a big turkey for the holidays but after a few days, plain old turkey meat leftovers start to get boring or the mashed potatoes and gravy leftovers run out so you don’t have anything to eat them with.
It’s time to reinvent that leftover turkey so that none of it will go to waste but you also won’t get tired eating it! Remember, if you really cannot eat up the entire turkey using leftover turkey ideas before the meat will spoil, just stick the excess meat in a freezer container or bag and freeze it until you are able to pull it back out and enjoy it again. Cooked meat can usually be frozen for several months before it begins to taste freezer burnt so you should have plenty of time to use it.
Turkey and Feta Quesadillas
To make the quesadillas simply put the tortilla in a frying pan, add all ingredients and fry until cheese is melted. You can warm up the turkey first to make sure that it will be warmed through.
We like to serve these with sour cream for topping and we have a fresh salad on the side for a complete meal. This is a wonderful way to enjoy turkey because it makes it taste so fresh and not like such a heavy meal!
More Ways to Use Leftover Turkey
- Thanksgiving Sandwich. Put slices of turkey along with some stuffing and cranberry sauce into a sandwich. Grill until warmed through.
- Sweet and Savory Egg Rolls. Wrap the turkey along with some cranberry sauce in an egg roll wrapper. Brush with butter or oil and bake until brown.
- Add the turkey into Chicken and Rice Soup instead of chicken.
- Here’s a yummy Turkey Pot Pie to try.
- Don’t forget to use the turkey carcass to make Turkey Stock and stretch the meat as far as it will go!
- Make a leftover turkey grilled cheese, add a few pieces of turkey into a sandwich and top with your favorite cheese (mozzarella or a mild cheddar work well!), grill on your stovetop until the cheese is melted and enjoy! Add in tomatoes or some other fresh element to give it different flavors.
- Add leftover turkey into this Amish Chicken Casserole instead of the chicken and you probably won’t even be able to taste the difference.
Any one of these delicious turkey recipes will be a great way to use your leftover turkey when you just feel like there are no ideas left. I believe that it’s so important to use up our leftovers and make sure that none of the food (that we worked hard to buy or grow!) goes to waste.
What are some leftover turkey recipes that your family enjoys?
This recipe for Turkey Quesadillas was originally posted on Little House Living in July 2009. It has been updated as of December 2018.