Hard Boiled Egg Recipes
Easter is just about here and that means that pretty soon, you probably will have plenty of (beautiful!) hard-boiled eggs that you need to use up. Of course, you can always peel and eat plain for a high-protein afternoon snack. But if you have too many to just eat straight up, you might be interested in some of these simple hard boiled egg recipes that I've put together for you today.
1. The first idea that comes to mind, of course, is a delicious Deviled Egg. These little treats are so easy to put together and can be made up quickly when you already have the eggs hard boiled. I've got a yummy recipe for Chive Infused Hard Boiled Eggs at the bottom of this post.
2. Egg Salad is a very easy way to use up lots of hard boiled eggs at once. You can make it as a side dish or it also makes a great sandwich filling. Here's a Simple Egg Salad Recipe to make.
3. Hard Boiled Eggs make a wonderful salad topping! Peel and dice up into small pieces and sprinkle on top of your salad with a bit of shredded cheese. This homemade Russian Salad Dressing Recipe makes a wonderful dressing for salads topped with eggs.
4. If you are gluten free or would rather not have the heaviness of a breaded sandwich, you can make egg salad lettuce cups! You can either make a basic egg salad with your hard boiled eggs like the one above, or you can just peel and chop the eggs, toss with a bit of cooked shredded chicken (or tuna) and shredded parmesan cheese and place in a romaine lettuce leaf like a boat. Yum!
5. Make a delish pasta salad with them! Peel and chop the hard boiled eggs and toss in a large bowl with cooked pasta (a shell or spiral type pasta works well), diced cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese, and cooked crumbled bacon. Drizzle with a bit of Ranch Dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Want to make something a little different? How about Pickled Eggs?
7. Want to make deviled eggs but a little different version? How about Pimento Cheese Stuffed Eggs? Slice your eggs like you would for any deviled egg recipe but mix the yolks with some Pimento Cheese. Stuff your eggs with the mixture and you have a wonderfully different new appetizer!
8. Potato Salad is another classic way to use up hard boiled eggs. We have a recipe here on Little House Living for a yummy Old Fashioned Potato Salad that you must try!
9. Want to make Egg Salad an entire meal? Try and Egg Salad BLT! Egg Salad, fresh cooked bacon, sliced tomatoes, and crisp lettuce, all sandwiched between two pieces of your favorite bread.
10. One more delicious little meal idea! Make a hard boiled egg quesadilla. Place some peeled, chopped hard boiled eggs on a flour tortilla with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Top with a second tortilla and fry in a bit of butter in a frying pan or on a griddle until cheese is melted, flip and fry the other side to golden perfection and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite hard boiled egg recipes?
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.5:40 am