This recipe is so good and easy. It is great because you can use pumpkin or any squash that you may have on hand. The pumpkin or squash does need to be cooked down into a puree. You can also makes this into a 9 x 13 cake or 24 muffins or put in loaf pans. So easy and versatile!!
Pumpkin Cake, Muffins, or Bread
What you need:
- 2 cups flour (I use soft white wheat)
- 2 cups sugar (I use turbinado and decreased it by 1/2 cup without any problems)
- 2 t. soda
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil (I use coconut oil)
- 2 cups pumpkin or squash puree (I have used pumpkin and any variety of winter squash)
Mix dry ingredients and stir in eggs, pumpkin (or squash), and oil. Beat with mixer. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until done (depending on what type pan you use).
Can be eaten plain or can frost cake or cupcakes with:
- 3/4 stick butter, soft
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 t. vanilla
- enough powdered sugar to make desired thickness
Until next time, Julie
Looking for a “fancier” pumpkin cake to make? Try Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake!
Julie is Merissa’s mom and she’s committed to living a frugal and simple lifestyle. Julie grows her own herbs in her garden and enjoys making things at home. You can now find her home remedies and ideas here at Little House Living.