Looking for a deliciously easy and moist Bread recipe to make this fall? This Easy Pumpkin Bread recipe is going to be your new favorite!
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Nothing tastes more like fall than fresh-baked pumpkin goods. We’ve always loved just about anything with pumpkin in it and here are some of the treats we’ve made in the past:
One thing that I wanted to add to the list of what we make this year was an easy Pumpkin Bread recipe. I love making a good quick bread because they are simple and easy to throw in the oven (and throw extras in the freezer for later).
We love this recipe because it makes such a delicious moist Pumpkin Bread, not too stiff or dry. You could also add nuts into this bread if you prefer a little extra texture.
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup flour you can use white, wheat, or gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar I used raw sugar
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
Add in the pureed pumpkin, eggs, and sour cream and mix well.
Pour into a greased bread loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
You can also top with a glaze if desired:
Glaze for Pumpkin Bread
What You Need:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
Whisk these 2 ingredients together until all the lumps are out (you may need to add more milk depending on the consistency you want), pour over the top of the entire loaf.
Variations to the Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- You could also make some of The Best Cream Cheese Frosting for a special treat instead of the glaze.
- Make this bread gluten-free by using All Purpose Gluten Free flour in place of the regular flour.
- Make this bread dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt in place of the sour cream. You could also try using coconut cream.
- Add nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips to make different versions of this bread.
This is just a nice simple pumpkin bread recipe and a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall. Or if you preserve pumpkin you can enjoy this easy Pumpkin Bread recipe all winter long! The bonus with this recipe is that it will make your house smell incredible all day!
Besides the pumpkin recipes that I posted at the top of this blog post, here are more of our pumpkin favorites!
- Eggless Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- Fruit Filled Pumpkin Bites
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Crustless Simple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe to make in the fall?
This Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe was originally posted on Little House Living in September 2013. It has been updated as of September 2019.