Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen Peroxide is another one of those normal household products that all of us have in our bathroom cupboards, but few of us actually know what it can really do. I didn’t even know you could do half of these things until I started researching for this article!
Below you will find 20 awesome uses for Hydrogen Peroxide.
1. Whiten Clothes. Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide per load of white clothes to get them extra bright.
2. Detox Foot Bath. Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to your warm water foot bath to draw out toxins. It will also help with any foot fungus issues.
3. Prevent Infections. Soak any wound in hydrogen peroxide several times each day. If the wound is smaller, apply the peroxide with cotton balls.
4. Keep the Canker Sores Away. Are you prone to canker sores like I am? (Especially in the summer!) Use Hydrogen Peroxide as a mouthwash and watch them heal faster.
5. Make Toothpaste. Use Hydrogen Peroxide and baking soda to make a paste and use for a toothpaste.
6. Keep Your Toothbrush Sanitized. Dip your toothbrush in a Hydrogen Peroxide solution after use to keep it clean and get rid of bacteria.
7. Lighten Hair. Want a different color hair without the dye? Put a little Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle (half water half peroxide) and spritz on your hair when wet. Comb through to get it throughout your hair. It should give you some nice highlights.
8. Glass Cleaner. Mix one part Hydrogen Peroxide with three parts water and use as a glass cleaner. No streaks!
9. Rinse Agent. Add just a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide in your dishwasher to use for a rinse agent.
10. Clean Mold. Having a mold issue somewhere in your house? Clean it with a rag doused in Hydrogen Peroxide and the mold will go away and the area should become semi resistant to it coming back.
12. Prolong the Life of Veggies. Use 1/4 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide in a sink full of water and soak veggies and other produce for about 15 to 20 minutes to clean and help preserve the freshness of the produce.
13. Sprouting Seeds. If you are trying to get some seeds to sprout add 1 teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide to one pint of water and soak seeds over night. Rinse off the next day. This should help your seeds sprout faster.
[ois skin=”Frugal/Saving Money”]
14. Acne Treatment. Dab Hydrogen Peroxide on a pimple to help clear it up faster.
15. Finger Nail Whitener. To make your finger nails whiter, soak them in Hydrogen Peroxide or use a cotton ball and rub the peroxide on your nails.
16. Soften Corns and Calluses. Soak your feet in a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and the corns and calluses should soften.
17. Ear Infections. Place 5 drops of Hydrogen Peroxide in the affected ears.
18. Toothache. To help relieve some of the pain. Hold Hydrogen Peroxide in your mouth for 10 minutes before rinsing out.
19. Clean Grout. To clean up grubby grout, make sure the area is dry and then spray Hydrogen Peroxide on the grout. Let it sit and soak in for a few hours before scrubbing it with soapy water.
20. Cutting Board. To kill germs on your cutting board, spray on Hydrogen Peroxide after washing off the board.
Make sure that any Hydrogen peroxide used on your body and on your food is “food grade”.
Looking to make the most of your other household items? Check out these articles!
Plus find even more uses for everyday household items on our Uses For page!
What are some of your special uses for Hydrogen Peroxide? What did I miss here?