Make Your Own Crackers
Looking for a great new cracker recipe to try? We came up with this one over the holidays because I hadn’t found a good gluten free cracker that I liked yet and I was desperate for some crackers and cheese ball! Even if you don’t need to eat gluten free, you can use all brown rice flour instead and these should still turn out, a great way to get some extra whole grains in your diet!
Brown Rice Crackers
This crunchy little cracker recipe is perfect if you are gluten free or if you just want an extra helping of whole grains without trying!
Yield – 4 servings
- 1 cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour (Or just Brown Rice Flour)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used olive oil)
- pinch of brown sugar or raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- butter and salt for brush on tops of crackers
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, melted butter, oil, sugar, and salt. I use a fork to get the wet ingredients incorporated.
- Start adding in water slowly, you will need around 1/3 cup of water total. Keep adding water and mixing the ingredients with your hands until it forms a nice dough. Don’t add too much water or you will have a soggy mess.
- Once you’ve form a dough, place it on a greased baking sheet (I used a non-greased stoneware pan), and roll out.
- Roll with a rolling pin until very thin, at least 1/8 inch or thinner, without tearing it.
- Using a pizza cutter, score the crackers.
- With a pastry brush, brush more melted butter over the tops of the crackers and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until crackers are crispy and slightly brown, let them cool before serving.
Yum, we love these tasty little crackers! They are perfect for eating with cheese or with dips. Over the holiday season we had them with a cheeseball. Here’s a great super simple Cheese Spread recipe you can try with them!
We have a few other great cracker recipes here on Little House Living you may want to check out!
What is your favorite pairing with crackers?