Looking for some new sewing ideas for yourself or to make as a gift? This list is full of more free sewing patterns that you will enjoy making!
More Free Sewing Patterns and Tutorials
I love finding free printable sewing patterns on the internet when I can. It seems like the cost of a pattern at the fabric store just continues to rise and put that with the cost of fabric and it just doesn’t even make sense to sew things at home anymore! I’ve already made two big lists of free sewing patterns which you can find here: Free Printable Sewing Patterns and here: Free Simple Sewing Patterns.
If you need even more printable sewing patterns and tutorials…I’ve got a brand new big list for you today! Hopefully, you can find something here that you can use for your next project or craft. I know that I will be using several of these free patterns as gifts for Christmas this year so I’m saving them for later. If you’re looking for a good place to find pretty fabrics at an affordable price, check out Fabric.com, I love getting my fabric from them!
Women’s Sewing Patterns and Tutorials
Things for Kids Sewing Patterns and Tutorials
Household Sewing Patterns and Tutorials
Accessory Sewing Patterns and Tutorials
Ready to start sewing? Grab some basic supplies and let’s get started! Here are a few of the basic supplies I keep on hand.
- A sewing machine – I use this Brother Computerized Sewing Machine. It’s not too fancy for a beginner, but it has enough bells and whistles (and different stitches) that even a more advanced seamstress would like it too.
- Fabric – I order my favorite fabrics from Fabric.com
- Fabric scissors – It’s important to have a good pair of fabric scissors for your sewing projects. Make sure they get used for anything else so they stay sharp and work well on various fabrics and materials. Find the perfect pair here.
- Pins & pin cushion – Having pins and a pincushion to keep them in is a must for any level of seamstress. They are just a few dollars and well worth it!
To read more about the sewing supplies that I use, check out this post.
Need more sewing projects and ideas? Here are some more you might enjoy.
- 9 Patch Quilt Tutorial
- Homemade Clothespin Bag
- Little Sewing Projects You Can Do in Your Spare Time
- Easy Fleece Hat Pattern
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Sewing on a Budget
- Places to Find Cheap Fabric
Which free pattern are you going to try first?
This post on More Free Sewing Patterns was originally published on Little House Living in August 2015. It has been updated as of August 2019.