No Cook Meal Ideas
It’s HOT out there. Having a tiny kitchen in a house with no air conditioning is not helping. I don’t feel like cooking or baking anything unless it’s absolutely necessary.
But we still have to eat!
Luckily there are a few good solutions to this problem. And of course, there is plenty of fresh garden produce this time of year to feast on! Here are some simple ideas on how to handle to too-hot-to-cook summer days.
The Beautiful Slow Cooker
One good option is slow cooker meals. You won’t heat up your kitchen and house and you still will get a great filling meal. The only downside to this solution is the meal will be a hot dish so if you are already warm you may not feel like eating a hot meal!
Make It Now, Eat It Later
Another great option is to make up some make ahead or freezer meals. Even though you do have to heat up the oven to make most of those meals, you could try and make as many of them as possible at night when it is a little cooler in the house or when you can open the windows and let in some cooler air while you are cooking.
I love doing make ahead meals at our house (especially for things like sides and breads), here are some of our favorites; Homemade Sausage Patties, Easy Refried Beans, and Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies.
Here are more great no cook meal ideas to try as well when you need some inspiration!
- Taco Salad -with cold refried beans (these are good to have in the freezer) and Homemade Salsa
- Cold Pasta (make the evening before when it’s not hot and refrigerate) – with a sharp or aged cheese and fresh veggies mixed in, topped with a vinegar based dressing.
- Tacos – with cold refried black beans and fresh garden veggies
- Anything Grilled!
- Avocado Feta Hummus
- 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Chef Salad
- Waldorf Chicken Salad or Egg Salad (make the night before) or Avocado Egg Salad
- Chef Salad – with homemade dressing! (Like Ranch Dressing, Dorthy Lynch, Russian Dressing, ect)
- BLT Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Sandwiches – with various cold cuts or meats
- Peach Blueberry Salad
- Watermelon Shrimp Salad
- Spinach, Apple, and Glazed Pecan Salad
Don’t forget the desserts! Here are some yummy desserts to try…no baking required!
Hopefully this gives you some great inspiration for those days when it’s just too hot to turn on the oven and put in much effort in the kitchen. I know I’m going to keep this list handy for when we need it!
What are some of your favorite no cook meal ideas for hot summer days?